No better way to brighten up this dreary Chicago hump day than with sunny spring shoes! I’ve rounded up (see what I did there?) some of my favorite neutrals below with a small review on fit, comfort, and style suggestions!
1. These Jeffrey Campbell flats quite literally one of the cutest mules I’ve come across this season. They are a little bit of a splurge – $110, but so worth it! They’re super comfortable and the extra pointy toe is perfect for dressing up a casual outfit! You can wear them with jumpsuits, a dress, wear to work flat, or just a sweet everyday shoe. I picked the blush color because its a great shade that can work with anything. Florals and pastels are trending right now for spring and summer, so this shoe can easily be paired with patterns without being “too much”, or can be the statement of your outfit all on it’s own. The bow is also tied perfectly – weird thing to notice, but it lays flat on the shoe and does not flip up or do it’s own thing. They also come in 5 other colors from yellow, to light grey, purple…. so wide variety of options if you are not a fan of this blush color. They run true to size, so get what you usually wear!
2. Espadrilles are the shoe of the season (if you haven’t noticed) and these Steve Maddens are a great option for any outfit! I still cannot rock a super high heel due to my hip surgery, so these are the perfect height, and the wedge is mostly the same height across the entire shoe – so they work great for me! They are a great neutral beige that work well with any outfit. I also love the thicker strap across the toe/foot area. Make it easier to walk in and provides great support. The ankle strap also helps for support, but also elongates the look of your leg if you’re wearing shorts or a dress! AMEN – we all want those Karlie Kloss looking stems! The photo makes the shoe look like the strap and base are more of a blush – but when I received them there didn’t seem to be a difference in color from the toe strap to the back strap – which I actually preferred! So they’re more solid of the beige color. They’re affordable at $59.99, come in three other colors, and this brand is durable and holds up well if you’re sporting them all the time! Runs true to size.
3. A neutral sneaker is a must for spring and summer – and these quilted slides are perfect! I got the metallic ones for a little extra jazz, but they come muted and in other colors as well. These are great for running errands, heading to a ball game, times when your pedi may not be looking so fresh… basically just a great easy comfy shoe to wear all the time. I did size up in the Steve Maddens – it was a little snug in the toe area. I love a good sneaker – but I do want a little bit of a texture or pattern so they’re not so plain! I’ve also linked some other great shoes in neutral and blush shades below at all different price points! I will say – the Tom’s Del Ray sneaker are by far the most comfortable sneaker I own. I wear them all the time, even without socks, and never gotten a blister or felt any discomfort! Worth the $$!
4. Gladiators are my favorite type of sandal! How can they not be? Perfect with jeans, shorts, dresses, rompers – literally everything. Sam Edelman is the KING (QUEEN?) of all sandals in my personal opinion. This brand ranges from plain everyday slides, to patterned genius flats, to detailed heels… I could go on and on. These sandals are one of my favorite purchases this year. I wear more gold jewelry than silver – so these were a must. The caramel color is perfect for summer, and the gold detail makes the shoe pop! They’re a little on the pricey side – but they wear well and are incredibly comfortable considering all the straps and the zip up the back of the heel. Highly recommend – and come in four other colors for $110.00.
5. These Report slides are so fun and remind me of a little fiesta! The detail on the straps is so pretty – and they’re currently on sale for $33 on Zappos! HOOORAY! They were not that price when I got them, wah wah! The fringe adds such a little pop of fun, and these can be worn with a casual dress, romper, shorts, jeans – you name it. I try to always buy shoes that I can pair with at least five things in my wardrobe. These hit that mark easily! They run true to size and are pretty comfy.
6. These Sole Society strappy sandals are my favorite – and I’m sorry for including them in this photo because they’re now sold out (insert sad face crying emoji). However – the first picture I also have in the orange/camel color, but they come in a similar color to the shoes in the picture! I’ve also linked a couple more options below from this brand, because like the booties, they are the most comfortable shoes to walk around in of all time. The heels aren’t super high, they fit like a glove to your foot, and never rub or cause irritation. Perfect for dancing the night away!