Still waiting over here in Chicago for the sun to come out – and finally get up into warmer temperatures… but it’s coming, I promise! That being said, I’ve rounded up the best sunscreens for your face and body! Skin cancer is one of the most common types of cancer out there, but also the most preventable. Sunscreen is a must for everyday use to protect your skin from damaging rays. Rocking a nice summer glow is great, but gaining it safely is a must!
For your Face:
- Coola Face SPF Cucumber Matte Finish $36.00 – This is by far one of my favorites for so many reasons. The matte finish being number one. I have oilier skin in my T-zone, so the last thing I want is a sunscreen that will highlight those areas. It also is all natural and has ingredients to help combat inflammationion and irritation. Good for all skin types and has a light cucumber scent. Great for under makeup, as it provides a base layer for your skin and helps smooth out imperfections.
2. Athelios Clear Skin Dry Touch Sunscreen Broad SPF 60 $20.00 – Another great sunscreen for your face if you are prone to breakouts or fighting acne. This is waterproof for up to 80 minutes, does not dry out your skin, and has no ingredients that are prone to cause irritation. It goes on light and dry – while still being moisturizing. It also is heat and humidity resistant – so if you live in the Midwest… this baby is a great buy! Can be found at most local drugstores and Target!
3. Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen $32.00 – If you follow me on Instagram (@sugarcoatednchic) you already know how much I love this sunscreen. It’s a primer and protect-ant in one! It literally goes on clear so it is great for all skin tones, and provides a smooth finish to your skin prepping it for flawless makeup application. I use this daily in the summer for everyday use to go to work, lunches, sit outside at brunch, walking around outdoor festivals in the city, running errands… anything you’re doing where the sun will touch your face, this one is fabulous! Has a light scent of sunscreen, but that does fade after a few minutes.
For your Body:
4. Banana Boat Protect and Hydrate Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 & 50 $13.99 – For an affordable body sunscreen, this one is great. It smells wonderful, goes on sheer, and really moisturizes your skin. If your skin is normal to dry – this one is great! For the size and the ingredients, you can’t beat the price and the quality of sun protecting ingredients! Comes in a SPF 30 and SPF 50.
5. Clinique Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen Body Cream $27.50 – This is also a great sunscreen for your body. It’s packed with antioxidants. These help boost the active ingredients in the sunscreen, but also protect your skin to help fight the signs of aging. It’s safe to use on your face as well. If your skin is slightly sensitive, this may not be the best option for you, however it is advertised as great for all skin types.
Shop the look:
This swimmie is so cute and such a great material. The back of the top laces up, as well as the sides of the bottom! The blue color is currently on sale, but they have it in 4 other new colors, as well as two that have a shimmer to them! I will link them all below. I got a small in the bottoms, and a medium in the top! They’re also a few other tops and bottoms that you can mix and match depending on your body type and style you like.
My shorts are BlankNYC – I’ve posted them before, but love how soft the material is. They are higher waisted, but a good length. I am 33, and love wearing shorts – but I’m also not 16 and want everything hanging out of them! These are great and affordable at $40.00.
These Joules flips flops are so cute and come a bunch of colors! I usually have a few teal, blue, and pink suits I wear – so these will go with everything! Perfect for the beach or to wear on and off the boat this summer!
I will say that the Loft has the best sunnies. Most of them are around $24.50 and are so comfortable and stylish. They have a lot of different styles and colors available, but these yellow ones are my current favorite. Have a slight cat eye too them, but just the best yellow. Not too bring, but not too mustard! They’re ALL currently on sale for $15.00!!
Shop the rest of the look below!