My favorite time of year is just around the corner… FALL! I love fall for so many reasons, but mainly the crisp cool air and warm sun calls for cozy layers, light jackets, and booties!
I tend to always default to ankle booties – as they’re cute with shorts, skirts and dresses in transitional weather (like we’re in now), and go well with ankle length jeans and leggings in the colder months. They’re great for the office as well as a night out on the town. Here below is a catalog of last years looks. The same few pairs are styled so many different ways – and all of these I still have and will be rocking this year as well!
I’ve included the links for you below with the photos!
Lucky Brand Boots in Tan, Lucky Brand Boots in Black, Lucky Brand Zipper Booties, Vince Camuto Brown Boots, Marc Fisher Taupe Boots, Sam Edelman Leopard Boot, & Target Flat Boot Shoe (some are only available in certain colors currently).
Shoes can be dangerous for me, as I can always justify a splurge on a great classic pair that will wear a few years. Over the past few years I’ve done a great job with getting a classic shape bootie in neutral colors so I don’t have to get a new pair the next year. Typically the brands I love come out with either the exact same everyday boots year after year, or a version so close you can barely tell small differences. If you waterproof them and take care of them – you can save a little money and wear them over and over. Beige, mushroom grey, and tan are great colors to have in your collection that go with everything! Some of my favorites right now are below!
Buying classic booties to wear multiple seasons also gives you some room to get a fun pair that is a little more edgy and following the current fad. Like an animal print! Last year, leopard was everywhere and this year we’re seeing a variety of animal prints… and snakeskin is giving leopard a run for its money. I snagged a leopard pair last year, and a snakeskin this year and both will get tons of use. These prints are fun because they’re more neutral in their color pallet – browns, blacks, tan, grays and beiges mixed together – that go with all your neutral tones, but can also be worn with color to give you feet a little flare and pop of texture. Camel sweater, black jeans, and some leopard booties are a favorite combo of mine that never disappoints. Some great options are below for you at all different price points.
Also – if you live in the midwest you MUST invest in a good pair of weather proof boots! Rain, snow, ice, slush – does not make it easy to keep your regular shoes clean and wearable year after year, so I highly advise on getting some rain boots, or a good pair of winter boots that are waterproof. Keeps you feet dry and warm and your everyday shoes clean! It’s a must in Chicago winters! Some of my favorite brands are Sorel and Hunter – but I’ve linked some great options from Target that are similar at a better price point. I’ve also put my Blondo waterproof wedge sneakers here – so cute and are literally waterproof. I love them and they never stain even if you don’t spray them!
Last – knee high boots or over the knee! I’ll admit it took a while for me to come around to these, but so glad I did! The two pairs I have from Goodnight Macaroon are currently 40% off on their site and free shipping (Code LABOR19) – and they’re amazing! Run TTS. Comfortable to walk in and stay up on your leg! I have slimmer legs so this was a surprise for me. I’ve bought others that always fell down! I also got a Sam Edelman beige knee high last year when they went on sale, and they brought them back this year in the same color! They’re great with jeans and dresses! Links are below!
Tips on how to build a great boot collection:
- Spray them with shoe protector! This is really important for keeping them clean and to make sure they last year over year. Here is a great one!
- Buy a classic shape in a neutral color! A pointed toe beige or taupe color, black, or tan are best for this. Plain without a lot of detail are the best since they go with everything, but you can almost always expect they will be in style for a couple years.
- Add a pop of pattern! Animal print is my go to for this. Can pair them with so many colors and outfit options and give your feet some sass.
- If you kill your boots every season – I would shop at DSW or Target! Lots of great deals and savings! If you know you’re going to throw them out or destroy them, then splurging is probably not ideal for you. Get some great pairs that look similar to the top brands at a lower price!
- Get a weather proof pair of boots. Put your everyday shoes in your tote or leave them under your desk at work – and commute with weather proof shoes! I cannot even tell you how many shoes I’ve ruined because of snow and slush and dirty wet streets! Put on those waterproof boots, keep your feet warm, and save your everyday booties for indoors!
Hope you found some great options for this fall season!