Everything you need to know about this year’s Nsale!
The best time of year is around the corner. One of my favorite shopping events – where you can find a lot of your fall/winter staples for huge savings during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! Below are my tips for shopping the sale, as well as some new things available this year that make shopping the sale even easier!
There are a lot of great items this year – and this year is special because everyone gets to preview the sale early! You can create a wishlist, add all your favorites to that list – and be ready to go on the day you’re allowed to start shopping! See the chart below for early access to the sale!
Things you need to know:
- Everyone can shop the sale starting on August 19th – August 30th.
- If you have the Nordstrom Credit card…early access starts as early as tomorrow for Icons! (if you have the card, check online to see your status, and use the chart above to save the date of when you’re allowed to shop)
- If you are Icon, Ambassador, or Influencer status… you have even MORE time to shop the sale early this year
- Everyone can preview the sale this year – wohoo!
- The sale is coming to Canada this year August 19 – September 3, and it’s shoppable online.
- Curbside pickup is available for all orders to ensure safety of store members and shoppers.
My Tips this year:
- Since everyone is able to view the sale early this year – creating a wish list is vital! This is so helpful! The sale can be daunting and with clothing, bags, assessories, shoes and beauty…. there is a lot to look at! Decide what are your most important items, and create a wishlist of your must haves ready! When it’s your turn to shop, you can go to your wishlist – add all your items – and shop quickly before items run out!
- Try not to buy it all. Not going to lie this was me two years ago… yikes! There are a lot of great things in this sale and it can be tempting to just GET IT ALL! Focus on what you really need – and look at what you already have in your closet. I have about 15 long cardigans in several colors, and lots of basic layers… and a lot of the cardigans this year look identical to the ones I already have, same with the booties, flats and sneakers. I will focus more on a good pairs of jeans, jackets, and the beauty this year. Decide what you need the most, and the items you can create multiple looks with.
- Set a budget and stick to it. Goes along with tip #2 but also important. Even if you can afford everything, its not necesssary to put yourself in debt trying to pay it off! Get the big ticket items out of the way first, and then fill your cart with the rest of the things you really love. I have been impacted by COVID-19 pretty hard this year financially – so my budget is much smaller, so sticking to this is very important to me this year.
- Check back regularily for items that are sold out. The worst right… have your heart set on that amazing pair of AG jeans, and then your size it not available! Put it on your wish list and keep checking! There are so many people who can shop early… which means they will return the items that dont work mostly likely when the sale is still going strong. Nordstrom also restocks as soon as they’re able, so checking back on your favorites is good practice as you may get lucky!
- Make sure to use your Personal Double Points Day(s) when you’re shopping the sale! Since you’re most likely purchasing more than usual – your rewards will add up fast and you can use those point to purchase more sale items!
My Favorites for 2020:
Below are all my favorites that I have lined up for you by category. I have a lot of these items already from previous sales or have already purchased and LOVE! Start building your wish lists – and make sure to follow me in the LTK app as I will continue to link my favorites and update you on what sizes are still in stock from my lists! Click here to follow me!
My sizing – 26 in jeans, small in pants/leggings, xs/small in tops depending on fit, & small in sweaters/cardigans/jackets.
Loungewear & Comfy:
Dresses & Skirts:
Accesssories & Handbags:
Some favorites from last year that are returning….
Shop the links below! Some are coming back in different prints and colors – but all my favorite essential layers and shoes are included in th sale again!